The National Museum of Puerto Rican Arts and Culture is closing temporarily, in support of the City's emergency efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19, as a result of this, NMPRAC will continue its Educational Programming online and invites members of Chicago's Puerto Rican artist community to submit short filmed art classes or art therapy sessions as part of the debut of the Museum's New YourTube channel!
These should be interactive videos and can take the form of tutorials, workshops, demonstrations, and other formats.
Artists must identify as Puerto Rican. Priority will be given to artists residing in the Chicago metropolitan area.
- Videos should be 25-30 minutes long.
- Must be family-friendly
- ANY medium of art will be considered: painting, illustration, crafts, dance, music, writing, and more!
Accepted submissions will receive a $100 stipend (as funds permit).
Deadline for submissions: ASAP - we will upload accepted videos on a rolling basis.
When using your phone to film video, the following steps are important to consider:
Light Your Video:
- Pull up your shades or turn on lights in the room where you will be filming.
- Never put your back against the window or a bright source of light.
- Keep the phone no more than 2 to 3 feet apart from your subject.
Good framing and sound:
- Keep you phone steady and on a shot that is horizontal and representing a 16:9 aspect ratio (wide -iPhone sideways shot).
- Try to find a quiet room to film!
- Talk towards the mic on the phone.